CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day



Before I comment on Fathers, Please forgive this shot. RA couldn't keep her sweet fingers out of the cake before I took a picture LOL. While it has a very rough base icing, the border is the best I have ever done, Yay Me! and the writing is also an improvement. I do hope to do at least 2 cakes a month and post them on here to keep track of my progress, or lack thereof, LOL. (I also took a side shot of the border, if any one is interested.)

But the big topic of the day is Fathers. I have a wonderful father. He and I shared a lot of bonding moments, from him attending ballet recitals and various special nights for the Young Women, a group I was apart of at Church, to taking me to Seminary (another church meeting for the teens) in the unholy hours of the morning, to spending wonderful hours as the sun came up fishing and hunting, and going camping, and working the firing range. To this day, I am not sure that he knows how much my little family and I love him. I highly doubt he will read this, but just in case, We love you Daddy, thank you for being the best!

And now I have a Husband. He is a wonderful man and a down right amazing father to our five special little ones. He does so much that I admire him for, and he makes so many sacrifices to better the family. Thank you darling. For all the late nights you work so I can go to school. For all the nights you stay up with the little ones so I can get some sleep. For reading to the children, and playing and being the silly Papa they adore so much. We wouldn't be our Old Fashioned Loving Family without you!

To fathers everywhere. Remember, even though we may not always tell you when we ought to, we appreciate what you do for us. And that includes those stand-ins: Brothers, Uncles, Family friends, Single moms that do both roles for whatever reason. You are loved, and appreciated, and you make our families, and therefore our societies, a better place to be. Know you are Loved.

0 comments: