CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Special Post.


My little girl, "RB", turned 2 yesterday.

She is so wonderful, and although she's reached the 2s, so far it hasn't been too bad. A little fussier than normal, and trying to find out more of her limits and individuality, but I find, either because this is the 3rd time through it, or because she's more mild, it's much easier now than it was for E and C.

We had some family and friends help us celebrate, and I did my normal "thing" for the birthday and made a cake. I made a cupcake-cake. Now, I like my cakes to match the theme, if there is one, either whatever seems to suite the child most or to match the presents for birthdays. For RB, I didn't know what direction to go. She's my, so far, more "girly" daughter. She's never shown interest in princessy stuff, and she didn't seem to have a favorite toy category (like C did for the past 2 birthdays, this year was Thomas the Tank Engine, last year was Lightening McQueen, or E who had her horses this year).

So I went for a "symbol" of what made me think of her. For C, it's boy stuff in general, for E, it is ducks, bunnies (used to be a nickname), and now horses. For RB, I always think of flowers or butterflies. I picked butterflies, and decorated the cupcakes as a single cake with a large purple butterfly. It's not great, but it's not to bad. I'll post a picture(My first Blog Picture) later. And now I find myself thinking "Oh, hey, I could do this (What did you think I would tell my plan for my creation THIS early to Independence Day?). So, Stay tuned for the next posts from One Crazy Lady, as I get knee-deep in schooling, work, sewing, and cake decorating this week. Maybe after that I'll do some fiber-processing and get to post about THAT! Thanks for reading!
Added Note: As you can see, I added the picture! Let me know what you think, and suggestions for improvements!

0 comments: