CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Mother's Day Rose



Today as I was having a little bit of garden time, in spite of the chilly but wonderful rain, I realized I had yet to trim my rose bush. So I went out and began, and what do you know, but I had a single white rose in full bloom. I was so thrilled I took a picture, so forgive the lack of pruning. But then I got to the pruning, I got to thinking about the simple joys. A single rose in bloom during a rain shower. A baby cooing and exploring the world for the first time. A child learning to share without fussing over a toy. The joys of learning to read for the first time and the new world it opens to explore. The promise of Spring.  The nurturing that it entails.

And I love that I found a White rose during the Rain of spring. What a pure time to find such a symbol of purity. The washing away of the dust, the promise of renewal and growth. I find it truly amazing and symbolic of One's purity, and the process of growing to ones potential. Pruning away that which will not make the whole stronger. Feeding and nurturing and washing down, by study and prayer, and repentance. And Blooming into what our Father had intended for us to be.

Ah Yes. The Joys of Spring

0 comments: